Progress report on Gabe’s quilt

by Nancy

I got Gabe’s first birthday quilt basted together with the backing and batting and got it quilted yesterday. The quilting is very simple – just a grid pattern which is in the ditch between the 9 patch blocks and continues through the center theme print. It’s clear monofilament thread on the front, so it’s pretty unnoticeable, and light blue to match the backing on the back. I also made the binding. The goal for today is to machine sew the binding to the front so that I can do the hand sewing on the back tomorrow at the Quilting Ladies. Gabe’s birthday is December 18 – nothing like a deadline to get me going!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.